Mothers Day Keto Cacao Recipes
CACAO + COLLAGEN SUPERFOOD CAKE
- 1/2 cup Cacao + Collagen
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 125 ml of coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
Keto Cacao Cream
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g 70% organic dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Ancient + Brave Cacao + Collagen or cacao powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup softened butter
For the cake
Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F
Combine the Cacao + Collagen, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt into a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut milk and olive oil. Mix well until smooth and combined - a whisk works well for this. Pour into a 9-inch baking tin lined with baking paper.
Bake the cake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked through. Test after 45 mins as oven temperatures may vary. Remove from the oven and cool.
For the keto cacao cream
Whisk whipping cream and vanilla extract together until thickened. Set aside.
Melt chocolate and coconut oil together. whisk in cacao + collagen or cacao powder and melted
Stir softened butter into chocolate mixture.
Add chocolate mixture to whipped cream and blend until incorporated.
Refrigerate until set, about an hour.
Once the cake has cooled top with keto cacao cream and garnish with your favourite superfoods + berries!
COFFEE + COLLAGEN SUPERFOOD BALLS
For the chocolate balls
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat (or a healthy digestive biscuit of your choice)
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tsp Ancient + Brave Coffee + Collagen or instant espresso powder
- 8 fresh pitted dates
For the chocolate coating
- 100g 80% dark organic chocolate, melted
- Ancient + Brave Cacao + Collagen powder or organic cacao powder for dusting
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- Dried rose petals for decoration
- Crushed pistachio nuts for topping
- Goji Berries for sprinkling
Throw the buckwheat, almond butter, dates, and the Coffee + Collagen or instant espresso powder into the food processor and process until well combined. Lightly wet your hands and scoop a teaspoon of the mix into the palm of your hand. Roll to form a smooth ball.
Place on a lined baking tray and refrigerate until set.
Drizzle or dip the truffles in the melted chocolate, sprinkle your choice of topping over the chocolate and allow to set. Serve on a beautiful plate with local wild edible flowers!
Present your delicious Mother’s Day gifts!